Wednesday 25 March 2009

Canon 500D introduced

Today I realized that my less than a year old Canon 450D is obsolete. Canon published new Canon 500D which replaces 450D in their product line. But after checking the specifications and preview from dpreview.com I did not rush to a camera store to pre-order it.

The camera shares same form factor as Canon 450D so there is no improvement in ergonomics except the new and sharper LCD screen. The internals of the camera have received some updates including a sensor with more pixels and a processor allowing video shooting. But the video shooting is clearly limited compared to 5D mark II and there is no possibility to connect external microphone. 

The only feature I really would like to have from Canon 500D is its ability to shoot on higher ISO settings. I haven't seen any example shots with ISO 1600 or 3200 yet so I am curious how noisy they are compared to 450D's ISO 800 or 1600. Apart from this I think there is no need to upgrade for 450D owners - especially after checking 500D's price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment